Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham is a charity providing a wide range of services for residents including counselling, mental health support services, advocacy, and community engagement activities. We work with communities from diverse backgrounds and continually invest in building an inclusive organisational culture with diverse leaders through active Listening, Learning and Leading. Over the last 18 months we have explored racism and the impact that this has had on the lives of our clients and staff. This has resulted in the development of our strategic objective towards becoming an anti-racist organisation (ARO).
The Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service Manager will manage the Newham IPS service, including a team of 6 staff to ensure the service meets its contractual obligations in line with fidelity standards. The role will work closely with clinical leads and health professionals as part of the integrated approach within East London NHS Foundation Trust’s Newham Directorate.
A recent addition to this service involves overseeing the work around tackling Health Inequalities within IPS and develop ways to improve access and outcomes for people from seldom heard and underrepresented communities.
The ideal candidate will have experience, skills, and knowledge of Service Management and around these areas:
- The IPS approach and fidelity, including principles and practices around supported employment
- Integrated Approach
- Strong Leadership and project management skills with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others towards achieving delivery of shared goals
- Understanding of health inequalities and impact in a health setting and approaches to reduce impact
- Report writing, data analysis and presenting of complex information to a range of audiences
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and maintain effective relationships and good communication with senior clinicians and management
There are opportunities for training and benefits including: a company pension, 30 days’ annual leave pro-rated until the end of contract, a comprehensive E-Learning Programme, access to the Employment Assistance Programme (EAP) and Death-In-Service benefits.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Applications welcome from all sections of the community
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.