Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham is a charity providing a wide range of services for residents including counselling, mental health support services, advocacy, and community engagement activities. We work with communities from diverse backgrounds and continually invest in building an inclusive organisational culture with diverse leaders through active Listening, Learning and Leading. Over the last 18 months we have explored racism and the impact that this has had on the lives of our clients and staff. This has resulted in the development of our strategic objective towards becoming an anti-racist organisation (ARO).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Operations Director, where you will join our dynamic and diverse team of staff to support the strategic and operational direction of the organisation. The ideal candidate will share our vision and future ambitions to help us achieve our goals.
To meet the requirements for this role, you must:
- Be qualified to a minimum degree level and preferably hold a professional qualification, although this is not essential.
- Have excellent project management experience and strong leadership skills to effectively oversee a range of projects across our talking therapies and employment services.
- Be agile with the ability to respond to changing environments through your understanding of economic, social, legislative, and political factors affecting mental health
- Be creative with the ability to offer practical solutions in the development and design of new services and implement improvements where needed.
- Have demonstrable experience of working in the voluntary/statutory sector ideally in a project management role within the field of mental health
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills as well as the ability to work in a pressurized environment and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Experience of producing high quality reports to a range of audiences and the necessary verbal, written and IT literacy skills
- Be able to develop and maintain strong partnerships to enhance existing and future relationships
- Understand budget and resource management
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities, anti-racist and anti-discriminatory practices
There are opportunities for training and benefits including: a company pension, 30 days’ annual leave pro-rated until the end of contract, a comprehensive E-Learning Programme, access to the Employment Assistance Programme (EAP) and Death-In-Service benefits.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Applications welcome from all sections of the community.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.