Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham has been awarded 5-year funding by the Big Lottery to deliver the LEAP Project which is an innovative and exciting initiative. The LEAP Project will provide people with lived experience of mental health the opportunity to become Community Peer Leaders. They will be trained and supported to facilitate and develop their own creative and independent social community groups within their local communities across the London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Newham, and Redbridge.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit a Project Coordinator for 18 months.
The successful candidate will be:
- Dynamic, creative, committed to user involvement and co-production with an understanding of the value of Peer Led groups in improving quality of life and mental wellbeing
- A self-starter who is enthusiastic, energetic and solution focussed
- Have demonstrable experience of a recovery-based approach in working with people with mental health needs
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers
- Experience of coordinating projects in the Social Care/Health sector.
- Experience of delivering and developing training programmes, developing and supporting Peer Led groups and facilitating training sessions and groups
- Knowledge and awareness of the impact of mental health issues on individuals including the principles of recovery, resilience and wellbeing
- Demonstrable experience of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with provider organisations with the ability to engage with local providers and work in partnership with other agencies
- Excellent organisational and monitoring skills including the ability to plan, prioritise and manage deadlines and workloads.
The post is administratively self-servicing so good IT skills including Microsoft Office are required.
There are opportunities for training and the benefits include a company pension and 30 days annual leave.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For CV applications, please ensure you meet the role criteria.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.