We’re Mind. We’re the leading mental health charity in England and Wales. We’re here to make sure that everyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support. With the impact of coronavirus and a growing mental health emergency, this is has never been more critical.
We’re looking for up to three trustees to join our Board from December 2020. Trustees are our most senior leaders. They set our strategic direction, make sure we’re using our resources effectively and ensure we’re having the greatest possible impact on society.
We’re looking for dedicated, empathetic and ambitious candidates to help make our mission a reality, and lead us closer towards our ultimate ambition: a society where everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect.
As a trustee you will:
- think strategically and creatively
- lead the organisation towards fully achieving its commitment to a society where everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect.
- scrutinise the impact we’re having
- communicate clearly and sensitively in large group discussions
- use independent judgement to make decisions on behalf of the organisation
- be committed to our mission, vision and values.
- Be a Mind member.
Diversity is critical for a board to be effective; enabling varied discussions, active debate and decision making, so that together we can have the greatest impact. We encourage applications from people with lived experience of mental health problems and from all ethnic, socio-economic,religious and professional and personal backgrounds. Whether you’re an experienced trustee or taking your first steps into governance, if you have the commitment, values and skills, we want to hear from you.
This year, we particularly encourage applications from those:
- from BAME groups
- from Wales or have a strong knowledge and understanding of the devolved environment in Wales
- who have experienced or are experiencing social exclusion due to socio-economic disadvantage
As a trustee, you will have:
- Induction, training and your expenses reimbursed
- Opportunities to develop new skills
- An annual appraisal to help support your development
The Board of Trustees normally meets six times per year. This includes: four half day meetings and two residential meetings. In addition, trustees are normally required to be on one of Mind’s committees which meet four times per year.
Applications will be open from 20 July to 10am 17 August. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be put forward for a membership ballot in the autumn. Those who are unsuccessful at ballot will also be considered for co-option to Board (this is where trustees are selected by the Board itself, on the basis of skills and diversity we need at Board ). Further details, including a full role description and application form will be available on our vacancies page.
To apply, please download and complete the application form