Do you want to help build a world where everyone feels part of a community? Are you a highly motivated, professional individual with experience of working with older people? We're seeking someone to aid in the safety of members while escorting them to and from their home to participate in activities at Time & Talents. The successful candidate will also assist the Older People’s Programme Manager (OPPM) in providing groups for older people and their carers in the local area which improve wellbeing, provide social contact and reduce isolation.
What we do
At Time & Talents, we create fun, friendship, and mutual support, to create a world where everyone feels part of a community. We work with people of all ages in a lively, creative and supportive centre, running activity programmes for children and families, older people and carers (as a proud member of COPSINS), along with other adults, and offer additional support to those with physical and mental health issues in accessing our programmes. Last year, we worked with around 7000 people of all ages in the wider community, from two unique venues in north Southwark – in Rotherhithe and Canada Water (SE16).
In this role, you’ll
- Support the Minibus Driver with escorting and assisting members to safely get to and from their home and Centre to take part in groups at Time & Talents
- Call members in the morning or previous day to remind them about the group and check if they are coming and update service user notes on important changes
- Aid passengers’ safety and comfort while the bus is in transit and help service users on trips
- Being attentive to service user’s needs and supporting and encouraging them in the groups
- Assisting with research and preparation of group activities
- Helping with lunch preparation and serving for groups, outings, workshops and parties along with volunteers when needed
- Assisting with keeping registers and records of service users and volunteers up to date
- Welcoming visitors to the Centre, answering the telephone, taking messages, writing emails and sending letters
- Be a part of the day to day life of a lively, busy community centre where no two days are the same!
You will have experience of working with older people, preferably with a range of disabilities and a good understanding of the care and support needs of older people. You have a calm, patient and sensitive nature and the ability to work both as part of a team and use your own initiative. A personable and enthusiastic communication ability is essential, as well as managing time and lots of sources of information well at the same time.
You have a demonstrable passion for working in a community setting, understanding of confidentiality and the experience or willingness to lead activities. You will hold good IT and administrative skills and being emotionally resilient is essential to support members facing difficult circumstances. You have a good understanding of Adult Safeguarding, as well as wider Health and Social care practices.
Based in the tranquil oasis of a beautiful old mortuary – nicer than it sounds! - and surrounded by mature gardens, you’ll work with an energetic, experienced, and passionate team of 16, with a lively sense of humour. You’ll have the chance to make a big contribution to a growing, ambitious organisation which has doubled its reach and impact over the last three years.
Participation in evening and/or weekend events, networking and meetings.
Ensuring adherence to necessary legislation, e.g. GDPR, Health and Safety Act at Work, etc.
If you'd like to come join us, apply now - we can't wait to hear from you! The closing date is 23:59 on Friday 27 September 2019. However, we’ll be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
TO APPLY: Send a CV and a cover letter of no more than one page, explaining why you want the job, and how your experience relates to the job description and person specification.
IMPORTANT: We will use covering letters to assess applications alongside CVs. Please ensure you take the time to include a well-written covering letter as detailed above. We won’t assess applications without one.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.