MAF Scotland - we are hiring!
In order to position ourselves for the future, MAF UK based in Glasgow are expanding and restructuring their Scottish team. We are now seeking passionate, talented, and creative individuals who can help us grow our profile and supporter awareness networks in Scotland.
We are looking for a part time Communications and Marketing Administrator to join the team for a flexible fixed term of approximately 1 year to cover maternity related absence.
Reporting to the Head of MAF Scotland, this role is aimed at highly collaborative team players, who will deliver in their areas of responsibility helping to organise and deliver events, coordinate volunteers, connect with our head office and overseas missionaries, and deliver MAF Youth activities.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator and influencer, passionate about the work of MAF with a strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks, projects or events as well as engage, enthuse and motivate volunteers.
This role will play a crucial part in managing MAF Scotland’s media accounts by implementing tactics to grow the number of followers, engage and retain them. It will involve the creation of content for use across all digital platforms as well as creating promos, adverts and short-form video content. You will work in collaboration with the UK Communication team members to run online initiatives to significantly raise brand awareness and recruit new supporters and donors for MAF.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian. Additional information is available on request.
- To ensure smooth working and consistent communications by creating and developing innovative social media content for MAF Scotland
- Ensuring the Scottish webpage is kept current with stories and photos that engage a new and varied audience.
- Creating and repurposing stories to reach new and existing supporters within Scotland.
- Collaborating in the development of online/digital and other marketing campaigns.
- Creating high-quality content for our branded goods, e.g. speaker resources, event products.
- Assisting with the organisation of key MAF events as required, including creating event resources and attendance and representation at the event itself. This will involve regular out-of-office hours particularly over the summer season.
- Occasional travel to main UK office based in Folkestone, Kent will be required.
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, possibly with digital communications or online marketing training.
- A proven ability to develop high quality, creative, digital communications including experience of managing email communications
- Good understanding of a range of social media channels, particularly in relation to promotion, advertising and branding, so experience in social media marketing and using databases is important so that we can develop our use of social media applications to raise the profile of our activities.
- Experience and workable knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe In-design
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate clearly, assertively, and diplomatically at all levels
- Experience of developing relationships with staff and customers over the phone / email and of working in an office environment (sometimes alone)
- Efficient and organised approach to work and able to prioritise and manage deadlines and priorities
- Good attention to detail
- Annual salary £24,500 per annum (pro rata to part time hours).
- Fixed term for 1 year, maternity cover
- Part time, 18-22.5 hours per week negotiable
- 22 days annual leave plus 9 bank holidays per year (pro-rata to part time)
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and the New Year office closure.
- MAF UK provides a non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% salary on joining.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.