- Looking to be part of an organisation which is making a big difference in some of the world’s poorest communities
- Financially astute, a savvy negotiator with outstanding problem-solving skills
- A details person, able to handle complex and competing priorities with a smile
If so, then look no further as MAF UK are now recruiting for a customer focussed, service driven Purchasing & Special Projects Manager to be responsible for running our purchasing and supply processes and systems, along with co-ordinating and managing key special projects that really make a difference.
Do you have excellent procurement or purchasing skills? Can you negotiate and win the best deals possible? Can you deliver a superb service to internal customers? Can you co-ordinate and manage complex cross-departmental projects?
If it’s a yes to all the above, please apply today!
MAF is an international Christian aviation charity serving 26 developing countries to reach the world’s most isolated people. We are looking for a procurement professional to join our Communications team based in Folkestone, Kent and take the lead in the provision of purchasing and procurement to this UK based team.
You will be responsible for providing a procurement system and service for MAF UK activities and communications to maximise value for money and resilience of supply. Coordinate the work of team members and plan to meet agreed goals, outcomes, budgets and time frames in the delivery of special projects. Key responsibilities will be for procurement, purchasing and special project co-ordination.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
To carry out this role successfully you will be educated to degree level or equivalent with some negotiation, communication or procurement system training. You will have a solid understanding of purchasing or procurement in a communication and print setting, experience of monitoring and managing budgets, and project management experience.
An excellent communicator you can influence, build positive relationships and deliver projects on time and on target. Proficient in Microsoft applications, efficient, organised with an excellent attention to detail.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian. Additional information is available on request.
Terms & Conditions
- Salary £33,750 per annum
- Full time (36 hours per week)
- Non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% salary on joining
- Annual leave entitlement 22 days per year plus 8-statutory paid public holidays
- Additional paid leave for the Christmas and New Year office closure
- Flexible working to promote a good work life balance and a flexitime scheme
Location: Folkestone, Kent
Closing date: Monday 1 November 2021
Interview date: Monday, 8 November 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.