We are looking for a full time Youth & Events Coordinator to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of MAF Scotland, this role is aimed at highly collaborative team players, who will deliver in their areas of responsibility helping to organise and deliver events, coordinate volunteers, connect with our head office and overseas missionaries, and deliver MAF Youth activities.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator and influencer, passionate about the work of MAF with a strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks, projects or events as well as engage, enthuse and motivate volunteers.
This role will be working alongside the MAF in the Community Team for Scotland, and the wider UK Youth Team, the main aim will be to increase awareness and stimulate new growth within MAF Scotland, with a focus on youth and young people.
You will be involved in helping to organise and deliver a range MAF events using various resources available and will be key to ensuring Scottish events run smoothly.
You will take the lead to organise and deliver presentations to a younger audience, and liaise regularly with the UK youth team, to support the delivery of the MAF Youth strategy to our young Scottish audience. You will also be expected to grow our bank of Scottish MAF Youth Volunteers and support them in their roles.
This role will involve regular travel within Scotland and occasional travel to MAF UK Head office in Folkestone. It will also involve some evening and weekend work.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian. Additional information is available on request.
- To support the Scottish Team, in their community work with a focus on working with youth, students and other young people up until 25 years of age. This will include attending and sometimes presenting at church and community events, Christian festivals, schools and other youth and young person’s events.
- To take the lead with organising, setting-up and attending Scottish events (reaching a wide range of age groups) - this will include work that involves heavy lifting and towing of mobile resources, but training will be provided, if required.
- Liaise with MAF UK’s Youth Team, to develop and deliver MAF Youth speaking opportunities in Scotland, in line with UK Youth strategy.
- Establish a Scottish School network, by delivering events and presentations in schools to raise the awareness of MAF, increase youth volunteering and fundraising partnerships.
- Develop the bank of Scottish MAF Youth Volunteers and support them in their roles.
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, and holding a full, clean driving license, possibly holding an event management qualification and/or a trailer license.
- Proven experience in planning and project management with the ability to communicate clearly, assertively, and diplomatically at all levels in group and one to one settings
- Ability to plan and work strategically
- Ability to supervise, motivate and envision team members
- Willingness and ability to work within organisational guidelines and corporate objectives
- Enthusiasm and passion for learning about MAF and sharing that with others
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Annual salary £25,500 per annum.
- Full time, 36 hours per week
- 22 days annual leave plus 9 bank holidays per year
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and the New Year office closure.
- MAF UK provides a non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% salary on joining.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.