Across the UK, pervasive social, educational and economic inequalities still prevent too many young people from fulfilling their potential. We’re determined that this will change. Mission 44 is a new charitable foundation launched by Sir Lewis Hamilton to boost social mobility in the UK. It aims to support, champion and empower young people from underserved communities to succeed through narrowing opportunity gaps in education, employment and wider society.
Through grant-funding, research, partnerships and advocacy, Mission 44 will drive long-lasting, transformative change to the lives of young people facing disadvantage and discrimination. We will work closely with young people and communities with experience of diversity and inclusion challenges, to better understand the opportunities for innovation and co-create solutions that make a meaningful impact.
The Operations Manager and Executive Assistant is a vital new role in a small but growing team at Mission 44. We’re looking for an exceptionally organised person with a ‘can-do’ attitude to join our growing team. This role will suit someone who is keen to work in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working in a small but dynamic team and is passionate about young people and social justice.
The successful candidate will be the glue in the team, who can make things happen and help us to deliver our work to the highest of standards. You will contribute to the successful operational management of our foundation, with a particular focus on office administration, (including finance, HR and IT), administrative support for the CEO and Board of Trustees, stakeholder engagement, event management and coordinating our internal communications.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Office management, including maintaining key office policies and procedures, resources and supplies, managing contractors, managing financial processes eg invoices, payroll support, budget monitoring, IT support and CRM management
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and Board of Trustees, including but not limited to: diary management, briefings, document preparation, project management, scheduling and organising meetings and coordinating travel and accommodation
- Serve as the initial point of contact for telephone, email, and in-person inquiries from external stakeholders regarding Mission 44
- HR support including team recruitment, induction, maintaining the employee handbook, staff training and development, and team wellbeing approaches
- Implement and lead a cross-organisation approach to safeguarding
- Support effective internal communications channels
- Undertake ad hoc small projects to support the organisation, including desk-based research and leading activities delegated to this role
- Organise team meetings and large team events such as away days
- Provide administrative support for partnership and network engagement (e.g. advisory panels, stakeholder consultations)
- Work with staff to plan and execute events, such as report releases, conferences and large meetings
- Provide ad hoc support for implementation of our grant management processes
Essential for the role:
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Prior experience working with a Board of Trustees or Directors
- A track record of planning, management and delivery of a range of projects
- Demonstrable organisational management skills
- Superb interpersonal skills and highly effective at managing a range of stakeholders
You will be:
- A critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Passionate about Mission 44’s mission values and able to bring them to life in all of your work
- Highly collaborative with an exceptional work ethic and ability to work at high pace
- Able to work independently, displaying strong initiative in solving day-to-day problems with limited direction
Diversity matters at Mission 44. We offer a working environment that values and respects every individual’s unique contribution. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people and are committed to equality of opportunity and anti-discrimination practices. We positively encourage applications from all sections of society and are particularly interested in attracting applications from candidates from diverse groups who are underrepresented.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.