I’m partnered with Vista, a leading blindness charity based in Leicester who are searching for their new Director of Finance & Governance to lead them through one of the most exciting periods in their long history with a wide variety of change ongoing. With advanced plans for a new HQ for both support services and service delivery, this is an exciting time to join an organisation with a fantastic purpose! Focussed on the local area, they work with all age groups to battle the causes of sight-loss and provide support to those suffering from sight-loss.
Reporting into an impassioned CEO, who’s career has been spent in the not-for-profit sector, the main responsibilities of the role are:
- Build, lead and develop a team of 12 across finance and wider corporate services with a specific focus on the finance side
- Lead a finance transformation programme which will likely include systems selection and implementation, process and policy review and an overhaul of governance
- Manage relationships with external and internal stakeholders, such as banks, funding partners and the payroll function
- Ensure board confidence in the execution of the business plans by providing analysis and modelling during the decision-making process
- Implement strict governance procedures and deliver internal and external audit compliance
The successful candidate will:
- Have significant experience working in the charity sector and understand the various reporting standard that are required
- Have gone through a transformation programme in previous roles, preferably in the charity space
- Have strong governance experience and preferably have been company secretary previously
- Enjoy the variety in a role where two days are never the same, be happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in where necessary
- Preferably be a qualified accountant, although those with demonstrable experience who tick all other boxes will be considered.
The organisation particularly welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities, especially sight related. They operate a very flexible working policy – the role is c.30 hours per week, but this can be structured in virtually any manner. If this role is of interest to you, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed regularly and the role will likely be filled before the closing date.
For more information, please contact Jamie Elliott at MLC Partners.