MLC Partners are currently partnered with a prestigious healthcare charity in London for the recruitment of their new Finance Director.
Established over 100 years ago, this organisation is one of the largest of its kind, both in terms of estate footprint and income (£20m). Engrained into the local community and enriched in history, they have developed over the years to offer a world class, high quality care programme and are at the beginning of their ambitious 5-year strategy for growth and improvement.
Working with an experienced and respected CEO who has 20+ years’ operating at board level across the NHS, and operating as part of the executive team, this role will lead the finance and facilities teams in providing both strategic and operational support to the wider organisation. Specifically, you will take responsibility for:
- The preparation and monitoring of the annual budget
- Management of the risk register for Finance; developing and monitoring risk management policies and procedures and ensuring stakeholder engagement
- Preparation of financial reports for both partners and donors in line with specific reporting requirements
- Preparation of timely, accurate and purposeful management accounts on a monthly basis, and other financial reports to present to the Board as required
- Implementation of financial policy, ensuring that the best practice is adhered to and that the organisation operates lawfully
- Supporting the CEO with the negotiation and monitoring of contracts with service commissioners, leading on the financial aspects to ensure contracts support the strategic goals, and represent sufficient funding levels
- Responsibility for facilities management function for the whole estate of the organisation.
- Responibility for leadership and development of the finance and facilities team through 2 direct reports.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone that has blended experience across healthcare and charity settings, that is looking for a hands on position with a multidisciplinary remit; a position that operates on the front line, allowing you to see and experience the good your work is doing.
In applying for the role it is essential that you hold a full relevant accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, ACA or equivalent) and that you have a good understanding of both NHS and charity accounting practices gained from working in those environments.