MLC Partners are working with a leading children’s charity to recruit an interim Financial Accountant on a fixed-term basis. Lasting for a minimum of 6 months, the role joins a high-performing team who have gone through a period of rapid change. Reporting into the Financial Controller, the purpose of the role is to support through the upcoming busy period and provide additional capacity into the new-look team.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with the Financial Controller to produce timely annual financial statements for the charity and their trading subsidiaries.
- Lead on aspects of training in the transactions team, to ensure they are fully up to speed with the treatment of VAT.
- Ensure that restricted funding is correctly utilised and accounted for, liaising with the business partnering team where necessary.
- Act as a point of contact for the external auditors, assisting them with any required documentation.
The successful candidate will be:
- A fully qualified accountant (CCAB/CIMA) or extensively qualified by experience.
- Experienced in a changing environment and able to rapidly get up to speed in a new team.
- Knowledgeable with all aspects of the statutory reporting process, ideally having led on a year end in another organisation.
- Preferably experienced with charity SORP, although candidates with a strong financial accounting background will be considered from all sectors.
My client have adopted a hybrid working model and split their time roughly 50:50 between home working and the office, based in central London.
This role will likely be filled before the closing date, so please don’t delay in applying. For more information, please contact Jamie Elliott at MLC Partners.