MLC are proud to be partnered with Look Ahead Care & Support in their search campaign for several newly created, business critical finance positions.
Look Ahead are a housing association founded by Mary Jones, who are celebrating their 50th anniversary next year. They are a trusted partner of over 39 local authorities and health trusts across London and the South East, providing specialist support and care services for around 6000 people every year with a wide range of needs. Their aim is to help their customers make individual choices, achieve goals, and take control of their own lives by providing tailor-made support, care, and accommodation services.
The Financial Accountant plays a key role lead on all financial accounting activities for the organisation, including annual financial statements, the treasury strategy, and the various regulatory returns. The Finance department is entering a period of modernisation and change, and this role will evolve as new processes and systems are put in place over the next few years. As an important voice in the team, you will work closely with stakeholders across the organisation and to implement and embed changes as deemed necessary.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead the production of the annual financial statements for Look Ahead Care & Support and its subsidiaries.
- Manage the year end audit process for the organisation and subsidiaries, liaising with the external auditors.
- Manage a team of 3, providing regular one to ones and developing the team to meet the future needs of finance.
- Oversee and carry out audits of vulnerable customers money and ensure regulatory returns are completed as necessary.
As a new role, this is a great opportunity to put your own stamp on an organisation that has a desire to evolve. This post will suit someone stepping into their first leadership role with excellent technical skills and who is comfortable in a changing environment.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent technical financial accounting skills, including VAT and other tax returns, liaising with external auditors and leading internal audits.
- Have a desire to move into a management role, ideally with some experience of supporting other team members, even if not in a formal line management setting.
- Bring a diverse knowledge of processes and procedures and be able to utilise this in driving improvements at Look Ahead.
For more information, please contact Jamie Elliott at MLC Partners.