An international humanitarian charity is looking for a Senior Accountant for a 12 month fixed term contract. This is a broad role with the ultimate aim to support the finance function as a whole. This would be an ideal role for a fully qualified and experienced charity finance professional motivated by an interesting and varied workload, as well as working with a team to contribute tangible impact to an organisation during a critical period of change.
- Management accounting/month end processes
- Financial reporting & analysis
- Budgeting & planning
- Internal processes/controls
- Payments and cash-flow
- Fully qualified accountant - CIMA, ACA, ACCA or other generally recognised accountancy qualification
- Experience of working in charitable organisation
- Proven significant experience of using automated accounting packages and purchase ledger systems
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office
- High to advanced Excel level
- Experience with financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and the Charity SORP (FRS102)
- Experience of playing a significant role in the statutory audit process of a charity
- Ability to work mainly unsupervised to deliver against agreed priorities within broad guidelines
- Team player with the interpersonal skills and flexibility necessary to work within a small team
This is an exciting opportunity to join and add value to a well-respected UK charity. The is a 12 month fixed term contract role. To discover more about this opening, please apply online. Applications will be considered as they are received.