A large UK charity is seeking a a customer-focused, committed and energetic Financial Accountant to join a mutually supportive and dynamic team.
This leading charity operates in the UK and around the world and their Finance team are fully integrated in the organisation, hard-working and busy. They need someone who can be a major contributor to delivering a high-performing trusted team, thrive in a fast-paced organisation, deliver results, and want to be part of an organisation that wants to catalyse innovation in the UK.
- Responsibility for assisting the Head of Finance on the financial control systems and procedures to ensure finance comply with statutory, regulatory and governing accounting standards.
- Lead on the preparation of the individual annual report and accounts for all charity entities and the production of the charity’s consolidated annual report and accounts.
- Responsible for the accounting of the charity’s Trust endowment fund and reporting on movements on investments including the accounting treatment of investment income and the valuation of the investment funds.
- Lead on the reconciliation of the monthly payroll, reviewing changes on individuals gross and net pay and ensuring new starters and leavers have been recorded correctly. Post the monthly payroll data to the general ledger in line with month end.
- Responsible for the timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts across all entities, following up reconciling items to ensure the accounts are fully auditable and are in line with accounting standards.
- Professionally qualified accountant with degree level education preferred.
- Strong technical and reporting skills.
- Experience in investment accounting is essential.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with SUN v6 and Vision Q&A preferred but not essential.
- Experience in a charitable organisation is desirable.
- Experience of working with numerous entities and consolidating accounts.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and add value to a well-respected UK charity. This is an 11-month fixed term contract role. To discover more about this opening, please apply online. Applications will be considered as they are received.