How to apply
circa £25,428 per annum Plus Pension, Death in Service, Duvet Days (an extra day off per quarter at short notice) + 29 Days’ Holiday and Public Holidays
Money Advice Trust (MAT) provides free information, advice and resources to help people successfully manage their finances. With demand for money advice consistently outstripping supply, finding more efficient ways of helping people is at the heart of our work.
A vacancy has arisen in our Finance Team for the role of Finance Officer. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will primarily be responsible for day-to-day financial processing.
A key aspect of the role will be to ensure timely payments of supplier invoices, in conjunction with the Finance Assistant, and the raising of invoices on behalf of other departments for the receipt of funding.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance Manager and Finance Assistant. This is a full time role working 35 hours’ per week with flexible start and finish times.
- Creditor and debtor control, both internally and externally
- Ensure timely payment of supplier invoices including checking invoices etc., to ensure adherence to internal financial procedures
- Raising sale invoices
- Processing of payroll and other journals through PS Financials software
- Preparation of bank and control account ledgers for reconciliation
- Creation of ad-hoc reports in Smart View and Excel for review by Management Team
- Dealing with ad-hoc internal and external queries including collation of financial figures
Skills and Experience
To be considered as a Finance Officer, you will need:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Ideally, you will be AAT qualified or hold a similar qualification
As the Finance Officer, you will liaise with people at all levels, internally and externally, so should have a positive and approachable attitude and excellent communication skills. You will need to be able to manage your time effectively whilst ensuring a high level of accuracy.
At MAT, we strive to uphold our new values statement: Be balanced. Be supportive. Be innovative. All of MAT’s employees should work to support these values.
To apply, please select the button shown and send your CV and covering letter, giving supporting evidence of how you meet the criteria for the role as outlined in the advert above.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Finance Officer, Bookkeeper, Accounts Technician, Finance Technician, Senior Finance Assistant, Senior Accounts Assistant, Finance Administrator, Junior Accountant, Accounts Junior.