Learning and Development Officer
London, EC4 or Birmingham, West Midlands (with some travel to training sites)
Money Advice Trust provides free information, advice and resources to help people successfully manage their finances. With demand for money advice consistently outstripping supply, finding more efficient ways of helping people is at the heart of our work.
Every year, we provide thousands of free training places for money advisers across the UK through our ‘Wiseradviser’ programme through both face-to-face and online channels. We enable trainees to help people across the UK tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence.
We’re now looking for a Learning and Development Officer to join us and support the success of our Wiseradviser programme, working from our London or Birmingham offices.
- Salary of circa £26,500 per annum (circa £28,000 with London Weighting)
- Generous pension
- Death in Service
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Money saving initiatives
- Rewards for working in line with our values
- 29 days’ annual leave, the option to buy/sell leave and one duvet day per quarter (taken out of leave allowance)
If you are a money adviser with knowledge of e-learning systems, this is a brilliant opportunity to help other debt advice professionals to improve their expertise and do more to help those facing financial difficulty.
Money Advice Trust is an exceptional organisation to grow with. Not only do we live by a strong set of values that ensure all our teams are supportive, innovative and balanced, we also help hundreds of thousands of people each year through advice and face-to-face interaction.
You will have the chance to contribute to the development of our training offering, including leading our course review process, to ensure people are given the support they need to tackle their debt.
As a Learning and Development Officer, you’ll co-ordinate our free Wiseradviser training, which provides training to debt advisers across the UK.
You’ll organise face-to-face training and e-learning support, providing excellent customer service to both debt advisers and the tutors delivering training.
Additionally, you will:
- Book tutors and venues for training
- Support course development and review projects
- Work with subject matter experts to improve learning materials
- Contribute to quality assurance processes
- Travel to sites to support the smooth running of events
To join us as a Learning and Development Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working as a money adviser, with expert knowledge of the UK debt advice sector
- Experience of e-learning systems
- Sound knowledge of translating technical debt advice into plain English
- The willingness to travel to sites throughout the UK
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in the not-for-profit sector, but this is not essential.
We want to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Debt Adviser, Debt Advisor, L&D Advisor, Money Adviser, Learning and Development Advisor, Debt Advice Trainer, L&D Co-ordinator, or Training Officer.
Webrecruit and Money Advice Trust are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as our Learning and Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.