Chief Executive Officer
Babbasa Youth Empowerment Projects CIC is an award-winning social enterprise that empowers young people from ethnically diverse and less advantaged communities to move into work, education or business using approaches that encourage them to feel inspired, supported and ready to fulfil their ambitions.
They are based in Bristol and are at an exciting stage of their growth journey and are now seeking a new CEO to lead them, as their founder steps into a new non-executive role.
For this role, we are looking for an impressive and energetic leader with the full range of strategic, financial, operational, governance and people skills who can take Babbasa into its next phase of development.
The CEO will:
- Lead on Babbasa’s strategic direction, creating a three year growth plan for their overall impact and reach.
- Strengthening and expanding on Babbasa’s already hugely valuable and impressive range of partners within the city and beyond.
- Lead and support the Senior Management Team in all aspects of compliance, risk management, budget & performance management, and service improvement.
- Bring experience of managing in an organisation with a strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and a track record of working to tackle inequalities.
- Ensure effective communications internally & externally, enhancing & protecting their reputation at all times.
Babbasa need an exceptional communicator who will act as the public face of the CIC, supporting the Board of Trustees to deliver Babbasa’s mission, providing inclusive leadership and effective management of an exciting organisation. Their ethos comes from a strong, value-based philosophy of providing quality services that have a transformational impact on young people’s lives. They want someone who will use their entrepreneurial skills to innovate and be a sector leader and ideally candidates will bring either proven experience as a CEO or working in a senior managerial role operating at a strategic level.
Sectors of interest for this role, includes charity, not for profit or the voluntary sector. We are also interested in those who have worked for apprenticeship and training providers, organisations offering employment and skills advice and training or experience of working in higher or further education.
For further details, and to apply please contact Vanessa Moon quoting reference MC2379. Closing date Sunday 10th December.
Babbasa is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We believe in equal opportunity and prize diversity as a strength. We know that our diversity is what makes our services work for everyone, so we encourage applications from different underrepresented communities. We welcome people of all race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other protected status to join our team!
Babbasa has retained Moon Executive Search to manage this campaign and are therefore unable to accept CVs from third party agencies. All CVs and expression of interest received will be forwarded directly to Moon Executive Search for consideration.