Morgan Hunt are working with a Manchester based charity who are looking to recruit a Domestic Abuse Worker for a temporary contract who can start immediately. The role is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week for a minimum of 6 weeks (potentially longer).
As a Domestic Abuse Worker you will be responsible for;
- Receiving and assessing potential referrals into the service
- Supporting and advocating for an allocated caseload of individuals fleeing domestic abuse
- Completing risk assessments, safety plans and action plans with those suffering from domestic abuse
- Signposting clients to external agencies and organisations that can offer additional support
- Identifying any safeguarding / child protection issues
- Referring to MARAC where required
- Experience of working with individuals with complex support needs and experience / knowledge of the domestic abuse field would be advantageous
- Experience of completing risk assessments and support planning are essential for this role
- Experience of working with various professionals in the community and being able to signpost when required
- Experience of running groups and / or drop in sessions would be advantageous
The role of Domestic Abuse Worker requires an Enhanced Child and Adult DBS that is dated within the last 12 months or on the DBS update service.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.