Housing Pathways Coordinator
We are looking for an expert in housing and homelessness legislation to make a real impact across London for women who are in the criminal justice system. The successful candidate will provide housing and homelessness legalisation training to Advocates and Keyworkers as well as develop training partnerships with local authorities and housing providers across London.
Your aim will be to ensure relevant professionals and stakeholders are aware of the impact on women in the criminal justice system and to improve housing outcomes for women involved in the criminal justice system.
Responsibilities of the Housing Pathways Coordinator include:
- Support the development of housing pathways
- Identify and strengthen links with local authorities and other housing providers
- Support the use of rented accommodation as a solution
- Build and maintain links with housing law solicitors and local law centres
- Deliver training and workshops on housing law, homelessness and move on pathways to keyworkers based within women's centres/hubs
- Provide advice on grants available in each borough for the client group
Candidates for the position of Housing Pathways Coordinator will need:
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people within the housing sector
- Knowledge of the impact that contact with the criminal justice system and imprisonment have upon women and their children
- The confidence to deliver training and workshops to professionals
- Sound knowledge of the housing law and legal rights of women within the homelessness sector
If you are interested in this opportunity, and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please apply ASAP!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.