Morgan Hunt are currently working with a Housing provider to recruit a Housing Support Officer managing a caseload of dispersed properties across Warrington. This is a temporary, ongoing contract to start immediately for 4 weeks.
The post will be full time hours, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
The role - Housing Support Officer
- Responsible for providing intensive tenancy sustainment support to an allocated caseload of vulnerable service users (substance misuse, mental health and / or ex offenders)
- Working with service users to identify and overcome any obstacles or barriers that may prevent tenancy sustainment, through strength based, personalised support plans
- Working closely with external agencies / professionals to ensure a holistic support package is in place for each individual
- Completing risk assessments and support plans based on the needs of each individual
- Keeping accurate, up to date records of the progress and interaction with each service user
- Experience of working with individuals with complex support needs (i.e. mental health, homelessness, substance misuse, ex offenders)
- Experience of providing Floating Support / Outreach to individuals within their own home
- An understanding of the strength based approach and how this can be used to promote positive outcomes and tenancy sustainability
- Experience of signposting and working with various agencies / partners i.e. Local Authority Social Care, Probation Service
A current DBS, Driving License and access to a car is essential for the role of Housing Support Officer.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.