£10 per hour
We have an excellent opportunity for an Outreach Worker to join one of the UK's leading homelessness charities. The role will be focused on working with Bournemouth street homeless population, engaging with them and referring into to services including day centres and other community based services which offer assessment and support.
Responsibilities of the Outreach Worker include:
- Providing advice on services available to homeless clients
- Liaising with a range of specialist agencies on clients behalf and providing follow up appointments for homeless clients in a day centre setting
- Preventing homeless clients engaging in street activity e.g. street drinking
- Driving to and taking homeless clients to services providing support
Candidates for the position of Outreach Worker will need:
- Experience of conducting homelessness assessments
- Knowledge of services to refer to within the local area
- Previous experience of outreach work with homeless clients
- An enhanced DBS check issued within the last 12 months or registered to the online update service
If you are interested in this position, please apply ASAP!
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role