Temporary Project Workers Wanted in Southwark
Are you looking to develop a career within homelessness? If so we may have the ideal role for you!
- Clients: Working with Vulnerable Homeless clients with various complex needs
- Hours: Full time 37.5 hours across 5 days a week, must have complete availability and be happy to work on a rolling rota
- Area: Southwark
- Assignment: 3 months+
- You must have an enhanced DBS issued within 12 months or one that is on the update service to apply
We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding and background across the following areas:
- The needs of homeless people and can work in an empathetic, constructive but strict manner with vulnerable adults who may have experienced complex trauma, forms of addiction or mental health issues
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills to enable you to effectively advocate on behalf of your clients when required
- Will also possess good literacy, numeracy, and I.T skills.
- You should have an interest in homelessness issues and have up to date knowledge on Homeless and housing legislation.
- As project worker you will be providing key work support sessions based on each client's support plans catered around their various support needs. You will also be collating and updating needs and risks assessments, confidence in both these areas of expertise is crucial.
- You will need to assess clients on their barriers to engagement with the service and yourself, using altered approaches to enable the clients to trust you in order for you to begin assisting them with the reshape of their lives
- You will also be inducting new tenants into the service, helping them to understand their terms of agreement and making them feel settled
Southwark is a popular location so don't wait around and miss out! If you feel that you have the expertise and passion for this role then apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role