Morgan Hunt are currently recruiting for a Support Worker to work within a Young Persons Supported Housing service in Salford. This is a full time, temporary role for 3 - 4 weeks. Hours include 3 shift patterns, with 1 in 3 weekends (either the Saturday or the Sunday) and is to start immediately
The role - Support Worker
As a Project Worker you will be responsible for supporting people who have been homeless to empower them and help promote independent living.
- Completing initial risk assessments to establish the needs of service users
- Creating support plans to encourage service users to develop themselves and their independence within the service or by moving on
- Liaising with other staff members and external organisations where required to best support service users
- Carrying out regular key working sessions with service users to meet their individual needs whilst keeping comprehensive records of all contact made by
- Providing advice around benefit entitlement and move on options where appropriate
- Ensuring the upkeep and security of the building at all times
- Issuing warnings when required to promote the health, safety and welfare of others within the service
- Keeping appropriate case notes, support plans, financial and administrative records
- Experience within a similar role within Supported Housing
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups and understanding the challenges faced by service users
- The ability to assess need, plan and deliver effective support
- Confidence in assessing risk and challenging behaviours against company policy to ensure the health, safety and welfare of others
- Strong communication skills including record keeping and report writing
Due to the nature of the role of Support Worker a current Enhanced DBS is required. You must be flexible in your approach to work on a rota basis, potentially across multiple schemes to cover for staff shortages.
If you are immediately and feel that you meet the criteria for this role, then please apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.