Morgan Hunt are working with a North West based Housing Association who are looking to recruit a Tenancy Sustainment Coach to cover the Greater Manchester area.
As a Tenancy Sustainment Coach you will be responsible for a caseload and will be tasked with identifying those who may be vulnerable or at risk of failing to sustain a tenancy both before and during the tenancy. Using a strengths - based approach, you will focus and encourage the development of tenants skills, whilst also recognising any additional tools and skills needed to allow for a successful tenancy to be maintained and independent living achieved.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake initial assessments to establish customer needs and opportunities and potential barriers to successful tenancy management
- Work with customers to develop a plan with clear outcomes and routes to achievement
- Provide advice and guidance around welfare support, welfare benefits and financial inclusion
- Encourage financial independence by providing customers with the information to make informed choices
- Signpost customers to external organisations for additional support where required
- Provide emotional support to ensure the well being of customers at all times
- Work with customers to provide a risk management plan with clear ways in which these risks can be managed
- Ensure safeguarding concerns are dealt with efficiently and in line with guidelines
- Experience in a similar role as a Tenancy Sustainment Officer / Housing Officer / ASB Officer
- An understanding of Housing Management principles and legislation
- A strong understanding of Tenancy Agreements and explaining the obligations of these to a customer
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with both customers and professional networks
- Experience of person - centred, strength - based coaching and support
- A knowledge and understanding of working with vulnerable individuals
This is a temporary post to be filled whilst the client recruits permanently for the position. An Enhanced DBS is needed for this role as well as access to a vehicle and a full driving licence. Candidates will be required to travel across Greater Manchester.
For more information or to apply for the role of Tenancy Sustainment Coach, please send a current CV via this advert or call Annabelle on 0161 838 3616
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.