Morgan Hunt are thrilled to be working with a leading charity, who work to develop and deliver quality services for men, women and families effected by homelessness and domestic abuse. The aim of these services, is to improve the life safety and life opportunities of their service users, whilst supporting them in their recovery.
The service in Rochdale, at which this post is based, supports parents aged 16 - 21 who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and are either pregnant or have a child under 12 months old.
This post is 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30am - 5pm.
The role - Tenant Support Worker;
- Working with clients on a one to one basis to deliver a high quality accommodation based service
- Assessing the needs of all clients, and with them, devising a support plan to address needs and helping them to make informed choices
- Completing risk assessments and safety plans and reviewing regularly with clients
- Ensuring initial triage of new referrals into the service is done within 48 hours and initial assessments within 5 days
- Supporting young parents with parenting as well as developing their independence living skills and supporting with access to education, training or employment opportunities
- Providing transitional resettlement support to clients moving into independent living
The candidate - Tenant Support Worker;
- An understanding of homelessness and options available to those in this situation
- Experience of working on a one to one basis with clients, to devise support plans, identify risk and create management plans ensuring desired outcomes are achieved
- Current knowledge of Housing Benefit / Housing legislation
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with partner / local agencies
- Knowledge and ability to assess and respond to safeguarding concerns
Regular travel is required for the role, and therefore the successful candidate must hold a current license with access to a vehicle for work.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.