Are you looking to work with homeless charities?
Our homeless charities need your help this Winter!
Temperatures are sadly beginning to drop; we all know that what this means. The winter shelters and provisions will be opening their doors and we need hostel workers, project workers and support workers to help the homeless and save them from nights out in the freezing cold London street temperatures that are coming our way
With the social care sector receiving more investment and more services opening to meet the demand, more and more homeless people will need your help
Pay: £11-£14 Per Hour
Clients: Working with Vulnerable Homeless clients
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours across 5 days a week, must have complete availability and be happy to work on a rolling rota
Assignment: 3 months+
Locations: We have roles all over London so submit your CV and find out what roles are near you now!
Have you got what it takes to work with vulnerable homeless people?
To be successful in the various social care roles you should have a good expertise and understanding of the following:
- The needs of homeless people and can work in an empathetic, constructive but strict manner with vulnerable adults who may have experienced complex trauma, pre-existing forms of addiction or mental health issues.
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills to enable you to effectively advocate on behalf of your clients when required
- Will also possess good literacy, numeracy, and I.T skills.
- You should have an interest in homelessness issues and have up to date knowledge on Homeless and housing legislation.
- You will be providing key work support sessions based on each client's support plans catered around their various support needs. You will also be collating and updating needs and risks assessments, confidence in both these areas of expertise is crucial.
- You will need to assess clients on their barriers to engagement with the service and yourself, using altered approaches to enable the clients to trust you
- You will also be inducting homeless people into the service, helping them to understand their terms of agreement and making them feel settled
If you feel that you have the expertise and passion to work with the homeless this winter, apply now!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.