Salary: £32,000 - £35,500
Accounts payable supervisor to join a dynamic finance team for a charitable organisation.
- Ensure that suppliers are paid promptly, correctly and fully.
- Maintain the Accounts Payable Master Data.
- Prepare and transmit the weekly payment run
- Be constantly aware of the output and backlogs in the AP team, monitoring the output of the Payments Assistants, ensuring that the output is at a satisfactory level and refocussing staff efforts where backlogs develop.
- Reporting the performance KPIs and issues in the AP team in a clear and timely manner to the Financial Controller both verbally and in writing detailing actions taken and where appropriate suggesting solutions.
- Report as to the receipting/approvals required from the business and actively minimise these backlogs through clear communication and networking.
- Supervise and develop the Payments Assistants so that they can cover for each other and the Payments Supervisor. Make decisions and ensure a culture of accountability.
- Ensuring that a culture of care for customers is embedded within the team and is recognised as present by the customers.
- Ensure that Supplier Statement reconciliations are prepared for the key suppliers and other suppliers as required. Ensure that all reconciling items are acted on as required so that our records are in line with the records of our suppliers. Investigate and then remove the underlying causes of differences.
- Be a subject matter expert in respect of the Purchase requisition system (Ebis) maintaining the Ebis
hierarchies and guiding users as how to operate Ebis.
- To ensure that all processes are properly documented and that high quality instructional material for users is easily available.
You will have delivered measurable business outcomes through improved communications and customer interface within organisations of a similar scale and complexity.
Experience in a similar role and experience in managing a team.
What’s on offer?