I am recruiting a international charity looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant
£34,000 - £37,000
Reporting into the Head of Finance.
The post holder will provide professional business support to budget holders and ensure financial control and effective decision making through financial, operational and business evaluation and analysis.
- Assist in the production of accurate and timely monthly management and departmental accounts.
- Hold regular reviews with budget holders, identifying variances and correcting errors accordingly. Provide alerts on matters of likely current or future financial concern as soon as these are known within the management accounts commentary.
- Ensure the correct accounting for income and expenditure in accordance with the applicable accounting standards, statement of recognised practice and any regulatory requirements.
- Provide monthly and/or quarterly reconciliations of financial position accounts for review by the Management Accountant.
- Work with relevant budget holders to produce departmental annual revenue budgets and forecasts, creating necessary working papers.
- Support the Management Accountant in the planning and preparation of the annual service charge accounts, ensuring the delivery of the audited statements within the agreed timeframe.
- Assist the Management Accountant in the provision of timely costing information on the organisation’s activities to assist with the measurement and reporting of Value for Money.
- Part qualified (CIMA or ACCA)
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.