The National Composites Centre is a world-class research centre, run as a non-profit employer, and one of seven research centres across the UK that form the High Value Manufacturing Catapult.
Established by Innovate UK, the UK Government's innovation agency, these centres bridge the gap between business and academia, turning great ideas into commercial reality by providing access to world class research and development facilities, and expertise that could otherwise be out of reach for many businesses in the UK.
As part of a recent expansion and development programme, The National Composites Centre is now looking to recruit a Deputy Director of Finance on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the CFO, this role will be responsible for delivering all the financials of a small yet rapidly growing SME, in an efficient, well managed and effective manner leading a small finance team in the process.
You will also be expected to contribute to the financial strategy across the business and define the business partnering approach going forward determining how budgets are managed and how cost improvement projects are delivered successfully.
This is a challenging and exceptionally interesting role and organisation for someone who is happy to be involved in the detail of a smaller organisation whilst at the same time contributing to the strategic remit with a forward thinking and experienced Executive team.
To succeed in this role you will be:
- A qualified accountant with substantial management experience in all areas of finance including financial management and reporting, transactional support and finance business partnering.
- Have a commercial and creative approach when working with different stakeholders and operational and business units, contributing to the strategic direction of the business and assisting in the delivery of the overall business strategy.
- Have extensive experience of leading and motivating a high performing team through periods of change and be able to evidence a leadership style with credibility, respect and knowledge that aligns to the business strategy of an organsiation.
- Be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, considering different solutions along the way and be able to handle high level pressure and critical decision making in short timescales.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable experience of managing a team to deliver a mature and rounded service.
For more information on this opportunity including a detailed job description please contact our retained consultant Nicola Shaw at Morgan Law by applying now.