This small, ambitious and well networked charity based in the centre of Exeter is looking to recruit a permanent Head of Finance.
Reporting into the Director of Finance and Operations you will actively contribute to the strategic priorities, financial integrity and sustainability of the organisations as well as be a member of the Leadership team.
This role will also be responsible for timely and quality information to the Board, ensuring strong controls and compliance are maintained as well as overseeing the book stock and processing arrangements.
Key experience required:
• Qualified accountant or equivalent with broad Finance experience, including budgeting, monitoring, management accounting, statutory accounts, operational processing and purchasing
• Managing, developing and motivating a team, having excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt to differing audiences and situations
• Experience of working within a dynamic, growing organisation implementing best practice, systems developments and process improvements where needed
• Robust knowledge of financial controls, risk management and dealing with third parties, including customers, suppliers, banks and auditors
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice in relation to charities accounting would be beneficial.