My client is a large NHS Trust in Devon who are looking for some extra capacity over the next 6 months to support a busy finance team and a busy period of activity.
This role will provide a high quality Management Accounting service to the Finance Managers of the Trust. It will be important in ensuring that financial information is processed in a timely and accurate manner and have an important role to play in the management accounting team
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Senior Management Accountants and Finance Manager by providing Management Accounting assistance and advice to budget holders throughout the Trust.
- Support the budget setting process and confirm, check and initiate costings as required for the CIP/QIPP agenda
- Provide Ad hoc duties as required by the Finance Business Managers and the Assistant Director of Finance
- Investigate budget holders and managers complex queries relating to designated budgets and/or business plans in a swift and professional manner.
- You need to have prior experience of working in a complex organisation in a management accounting role and be very familiar with excel and all IT
- Ability to work under pressure and to realign priorities to fit in to business needs on a daily basis is important.
- Prior NHS or public sector experience would be useful but not essential