We are seeking a Public Relations Officer to Initiate, plan, co-ordinate, respond to, provide advice on and implement a range of PR and media activities to achieve Corporate Communications’ objective to secure maximum public awareness in support of the Charity.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the post
- Identify opportunities and set clearly agreed targets and objectives with the PR Manager
- Identify and source consultancies to help deliver these programmes where appropriate, managing them to ensure that communications objectives are delivered and monitoring costs and performance against agreed targets
- Identify key opportunities, gaining buy in and support for initiatives and acting as a representative of the Charity. Anticipate risks and challenges, adopting a proactive approach to problem-solving and mitigation
- Provide a critical supporting role to the PR Manager; assisting in the preparation, delivery and reporting of key performance indicators against the Corporate Communications’ five and ten-year strategic plan and the annual operating plan.
- Maintain a solid and growing network of stakeholder relationships among influencers, decision-makers, partner organisations and media assets; presenting a positive, professional and contemporary face of the Charity.