Senior Capital Accountant for a well-known Charity with over £100 million property portfolio.
£53,000 + benefits.
Ensure the business follows appropriate processes for recording and accounting for capital expenditure. Ensure all proper accounting treatments relating to fixed assets, capital grants and revaluation reserves are adhered to, maintain an up to date knowledge of FRS102 and changes in the Housing SORP and advise others in the finance team on its impact on the financial position of the organisation.
- You will lead the team in producing a high quality capital accounting service to the business, enabling budget holders and directors to make decisions on the future use and value enhancement of our primary business assets.
- You will work closely with partners in asset management to assist in strategic planning and ensure that long term improvement and maintenance works programmes are accurately reflected in financial budgets and forecasts.
- Responsibility for and ownership of the annual capital budget process and quarterly capital reforecasts is yours. You will manage the submission of relevant regulatory returns and grant claim processing, ensuring operational colleagues are aware well in advance of the expiry forecasts for grants to utilise them effectively.
- Administering the Fixed Asset register to be responsible for the accurate preparation, calculation, notification and reporting of Capital spend across our £100m property portfolio.
- Development of capital models to support 5 year strategy, 30 year investment proposals and asset disposals.
- To provide support to Property Services, Property Development and other teams undertaking capital investment plans, providing financial models to support investment decisions and monitoring financial performance during the life of the project.
Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
What’s on offer?
£53,000 Salary + benefits