Senior Project Accountant
£550 per day (inside IR35)
My client is a leading animal charity and they are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Accountant on a 3-6 month basis.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, the purpose of the role will be to provide strategic and operational financial management advice and guidance across the organisation in relation to projects.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- The Senior Project Accountant will play a pivotal role within the organisation, providing senior finance and accounting support in relation to projects to all eight directorates
- The role will take part in all project related meetings and boards, confidently briefing senior management on the relevant financial position.
- Accountable for monitoring the progress of projects from a financial perspective, investigating and reporting variances. Drive to resolution and correction as needed. This will include suggestions of financial mitigations allowing the project to realign to still meet its objectives but get back on financial track.
- Support the process of gaining the appropriate governance for projects that are likely to overspend when all mitigation has failed to recover the project financially.
- Provide reliable and sound financial advice to facilitate informed decision making, financial management and control on charity and commercial issues orally, in written reports and in presentations.
- Significant experience of financial project management along with financial management including but not limited to: drafting financial models, budgeting, analyzing financial information and correction.
- Experience of working in a complex operating environment
- Proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders to drive a robust business case through from approval to implementation, from a financial perspective
If this role sounds suited to you, please apply now.