We are pleased to be working with Macmillan to help them find a Head of Partnerships (Services).
Because at Macmillan, everything you do makes a difference to somebody. You could play a key leadership role in the further development of key partnerships and services that transform the lives of thousands. We believe making life better for people with cancer is one of the best things you can do. Help us do that, and we’ll help you be your best you too. We won’t just give you a great sense of purpose, we’ll give you the support you need to make the most of who you are and become who you want to be.
Purpose of the Role
In this role you will support the UK-wide Partnership Services capability in the leadership, development and delivery of Macmillan's Strategy. To nurture, develop and own key strategic relationships at a Government / Senior organisational level, leveraging those to support the delivery of agreed priorities and plans. You will provide leadership and subject matter expertise into Macmillan’s strategic programmes including bringing the insight into the organisation of our partners, people living with and affected by cancer, and the external sector changes, to assist the integrated programme development of our service offers.
What you will be doing
- Providing leadership to build a committed, empowered and successful team through effective selection, development, talent and performance management and role-modelling our behaviours
- To play a strategic leadership role in strategic programmes of work for Macmillan
- Represent whole of UK Partnerships, Cancer Support Operations internally and externally bringing the voice of our partners and people living with cancer back into the organisation
- Representing Macmillan in the media to support regional and national influencing agenda and support Macmillan’s CEO through this activity
- Take a lead in all appropriate influencing/policy work in the territory and ensure that it is aligned with UK positions
- Shape policy messages in partnership with the Director of Policy and own relationships with Assembly/Parliament members and senior officials in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and advise on working with parties represented at Westminster
- Develop and maintain an active network across Macmillan and wider partner landscape fostering a culture of collaboration, transparency, shared learning and continuous improvement and to work in collaboration with wider Cancer Support Operations Support Services, Strategy and Performance, Policy, Campaigns and Influencing, Volunteering and Fundraising, Marketing and Communications
- Ensuring appropriate planning, in the pursuit of geographical consistency to drive operational performance, identifying synergies where appropriate and coaching the team enabling them to deliver on the agreed strategies
You will need
- Expert knowledge on strategy development and operationalisation
- Expert at building and maintaining relationships
- Have experience of strategic influencing and engagement
- A track record of managing budget and delivering outcomes and driving continuous quality improvement and performance management
- Understanding of UK Health and Social Care systems
- Demonstrable evidence of strategic leadership skills
- Evidence and experience of staff management development and recruitment
- Evidence of a range of innovative approaches to progress a situation
- Vision and ability to look to the future to be able to see and act upon opportunities
- Experience of media communications.
Closing date: 23 January
Cover Letter required
If you are shortlisted, you will first be asked to record a video interview. You will be shown several questions on screen and will record your answers into your webcam. If you are successful at this stage, you will then be invited to a face-to-face interview on either 3rd or 4th February in London.