I am currently partnered exclusively with a leading charity who are looking to recruit a HR Manager on a contract basis. This position does have the potential to be made permanent, and my client will consider the option of 3 or 4 days a week.
The post holder will develop the HR infrastructure to support the growth of the Centre; provide policy advice and practical solutions to HR issues; and ensure the efficient & effective administration of all HR matters. This is a standalone position and previous experience is desired.
The main accountabilities held within this role will include:
- Act as the first point of contact in relation to all internal and external HR related enquiries
- Advise directors and managers on a range of employee related issues including performance management; sickness and absence issues; and disciplinary and grievance matters
- Ensure that the Centre’s HR policies and procedures comply with current legislation and best practice and are updated in accordance with the organisations needs and ethos
- Deliver briefings to relevant forums and groups on HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff and line managers have access to HR Policies and Procedures and the staff handbook, including via the Centre’s intranet
- Oversee and support all stages of the recruitment process
- Manage the overall induction and probation process for all new staff
- Manage the DBS application for all Centre staff, students and volunteers
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure accurate records and assist in the monthly payroll process, including the notification of new employees, pay related contract variations, leave notifications and pension/benefit changes
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Group and Directors.
If you are looking for a new contract and have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please submit your application ASAP.