I have an excellent Interim Director of People & Services opportunity for an Education Charity based in South-West London on a 12-month fixed term contract.
The role will pay £75,000 to £80,000 per year depending upon experience and will be based at their offices in South-West London with some travel to other sites across London. There may be some flexibility to work remotely 1 to 2 days per week. This role has a good mix of strategic and operational activity.
This is a newly created Director position, which reports directly to the CEO and will oversee HR and Facilities / Services for the organisation. You will develop and deliver the People Strategy to support organisational strategy to transform the People function into a business support function.
The role includes the following responsibilities:-
- Work with senior colleagues to support the Boards and committees, to ensure the organisation achieves the highest standards of people management and development.
- Attend all Board and appropriate committee meetings, ensuring that all appropriate areas within the scope of responsibility of the Director of People are reported on clearly and discussed constructively.
- Work closely with members of the Senior Leadership and School Support Teams to provide clear leadership and direction to the organisation.
- Review the current HR team structure so that it is aligned to the organisational aim and is fit for purpose.
- Support the Chief Executive to ensure a culture of accountability, agility, ambition and honesty is evident and consistently uphold the ethos and values of the organisation.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Lead the development of organisational design principles to ensure that structures are aligned to business needs and changes are implemented smoothly.
- Lead on the development and implementation of an inclusive culture which puts the achievement of our mission and values at the centre of all we do.
- Develop innovative reward policies, practices and HRIS technologies linked to organisational values and objectives which attract, retain and motivate high performance.
- Develop a grading structure and job evaluation system linked to objectives and performance measurement.
- Provide effective line management for the People team, ensuring that professional development and training needs are met.
- Manage the facilities function with a responsibility for health and safety at all sites; working closely with the Schools Business Manager who has operational responsibility for health safety.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Significant experience in people management (using a business support function approach).
- Proven experience of managing and developing teams.
- Systems and process project management, including the introduction of HR systems, and operational reporting at all levels up to and including board level.
- Experience of driving equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives to support best practice in this area.
- Substantial experience of coaching and influencing staff to deliver new ways of working.
- Proven capability of delivery to diverse range of stakeholders – Board level, SLT, SST and staff.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of managing facilities
It would be an advantage for candidates with experience of working in the Education sector.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now.