I am currently working with a leading education organisation who are looking to recruit a Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion on an interim basis.
The post holder will lead the organisations’ ambition to enable a truly inclusive and diverse culture to support the delivery of the 2020-25 vision and strategic priorities by: Providing thought leadership and recommendations that facilitate and embed the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) agenda.
All candidates must have significate experience of:
1. Innovation in the EDI space – able to give recent examples of modern EDI initiatives
2. Held a Head of role for significant number of years
3. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Racial Equality and Diversity
The main accountabilities held within this role will include:
- Lead on the development and implementation of a Group EDI strategy and outcome focused action plans to drive the Group EDI strategy and Corporate Plan.
- Accelerate the tenets of EDI in everything the Group does, strengthening understanding and enabling behaviour change.
- Support the work of the EDI Steering Group and other relevant groups, including developing how we report our EDI achievement including the Annual EDI report.
- Provide an innovative and credible EDI offer which includes unconscious bias / equality training and development, EDI interventions, opportunities to listen to employee voice, acting on feedback and active engagement and direction on the EDI agenda.
- Lead on the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of major equality projects, including Charter Mark submissions.
- Work closely with the HR Business Partners and OD team to enable the integration of diversity and inclusion within workforce planning and talent pipeline planning.
- Collaborate with other Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), other organisations and external stakeholders to identify examples of equality initiatives, positive career pathways and good practice for consideration by the self-assessment team.
- Work with key partners in our important communities to support, promote and enable our EDI vision. Identify strategies to link workforce EDI actions with the attainment of relevant student groups.
If you are looking for your next assignment and have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please submit your application ASAP to be considered for this exciting opportunity.