My client is an independent regulator within the health sector, and they are currently looking for a Chief Technology Officer to lead on the development and provision of IT systems and business applications that support them.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the data and technology strategies meet the needs of the business and its three year strategy. The role will need to work with the Senior Management Team to develop IT strategic and operational plans and to lead and manage the maintenance and delivery of their IT systems. You will also be responsible for leading the development of the HTA’s data management and establishing an environment that supports greater reporting and analysis of the data and information held.
You may be a current Head of IT looking for their next step up or an established IT leader within the public sector looking for a role where they can make a real difference to the world we live in where you can utilise your strategic acumen.
Your duties will encompass, but are not limited to the following;
- To develop and maintain an IT strategy and technological environment which supports the full range of business needs providing the most suitable business technology solutions at the point of use, and effective management of data , balancing the requirements of various stakeholders and cost with the need to preserve the security of the network.
- To lead and take responsibility for the strategic management of data, information and systems for record keeping.
- To manage the outsourced IT service providers for systems, hardware and software, ensuring all aspects of the IT service are maintained efficiently and effectively and in accordance with service level agreements. This will include leading the retendering of services in line with contracts.
- To maintain the IT infrastructure including procurement of new hardware and software and monitoring software licences; the resilience of systems and the provision of assurance to the Board on the management of associated risks.
- To lead and take responsibility for the development and maintenance of IT policies and procedures ensuring an appropriate level of assurance is provided.
- To promote the effective use of Business Technology through regular system and process reviews working across all Directorates to develop, scope and translate user requirements into deliverable solutions
- To lead and take responsibility for the maintenance of all systems documentation so that it provides an accurate blueprint of systems at any point in time.
- To collaborate with senior leaders to ensure that the technology strategy and investment are in line with business objectives.
- To manage IT budgets, ensuring all contracts and purchases represent best value for money.
- To identify security threats and formulate strategies to mitigate the threat with regular reports provided to the Senior Management Team, the Board, core groups and all staff as necessary.
Your skills and experience
- You will have the ability to work in a largely stand-alone capacity, managing a small team and work at pace with a hands on approach – both operational (‘Do-er’), technical and strategic
- You should be able to demonstrate experience in projects, infrastructure to data (develop use of their data and intelligence for regulatory insight), governance, security, strategic mapping, Implementation
- You must be good at working with people, understanding business requirements and putting into practice – to help develop them in the digital space and innovate
- Demonstrate skills in collaborating with Data and intelligence and ensuring data flows are correct and fit for purpose whilst building capability across function
- Ability to help us develop resilience of systems and cyber security
- Strong Cyber Security focus with data protection, security and governance standards knowledge
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships with non-technical people and speaking at Board level.Your experience will preferably have been gained within the Public Sector.
- Your experience will preferably have been gained within the Public Sector.
This role is currently remote however from January 2021 there will be a hybrid working model implemented.