Art Fund is the national fundraising charity for art. They believe that art can make you see, think and feel differently, and through their work they help make art more accessible to as many visitors as possible, wherever they are.
They are now looking for a Data and Insight Manager to work across the Art Fund to develop infrastructure to support effective use and management of data, maintain consistent data processes and help drive the development of a strategic data capability.
- Own the development and implementation of the logical data model that defines how data entities across the organisation are related and guides all data capture activities and securing the appropriate resources to deliver this.
- Act as champion for data and information management best practice across the organisation supporting the required organisation wide development of data capabilities and change.
- Assure the Art Fund understanding and effective management of their data through the ongoing development of a Data (Information) Asset Register
- Ensure the policies, procedures and use of data meets appropriate regulations and legislation such as the UK-GDPR.
- Support the development of data and information assurance best practices covering security, access and integrity of data and the related policies and procedures to support this.
- Oversee and monitor the quality and integrity of data captured and processed across the Art Fund and establish and communicate clear standards. Identify and monitor issues and report on progress.
- Manage the effective and efficient exchange of data with other organisations and their systems, developing appropriate technologies and standards to support this as required. Own all data transfer processes.
Key knowledge required
- Expertise in establishing data quality standards and putting in place appropriate data governance to support an organisation in maintaining these standards.
- Thorough understanding of data privacy and security legislation and best practices and experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- High level data handling and analytical skills to deliver insight solutions.
- A good understanding of data handling including SQL or equivalent.
- Advanced skills in using a range of Windows-based software packages particularly reporting tools such as Power BI, and a proven ability to interrogate a range of systems to develop a variety of reports
Key Experience required
- Experienced in championing and demonstrating to others the benefits of good data management practices.
- Experience working across organisations with a variety of disciplines, teams and business processes.
- Experience in training and mentoring staff in the use of data.
- Experienced in developing data/information asset registers and data models.
This role is located at their King’s Cross office, currently on a hybrid working basis. Art Fund are committed to recruiting applicants from a diverse pool. The benefits on offer include a generous contributory pension, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and discretionary Christmas days, life assurance and Season ticket loan among others.
Morgan Law are acting a recruitment partner to Art Fund. This role closes on 10th December with interviews to be held w/c 13th December dependant upon availability.