Our client is looking for a Head of Applications development to lead a team to ensure effective development, enhancement and use of business intelligence, CRM and digital platforms.
As Head of Development you will lead a team of cross-functional development and test staff, contractors and vendors, providing technical expertise guidance and direction, as well as setting an overall strategy and work-plan for the team.
In addition, you will:
- Lead and manage the execution and evolution of platforms, as well as software and application development and architecture and design standards
- Keep abreast of new technologies and champion the use of data analytics and digital technologies in the charity’s work
- Ensure the implementation of agile processes wherever appropriate
- Lead engineering techniques including DevOps/release management
- Set coding standards and own QA and testing methods
To be successful you will be a confident, analytical thinker with a proven track record in a similar role leading talented cross-functional engineering teams. You will have a strong understanding of testing methods relating to delivery of platforms and associated applications and software.
You will have experience of agile delivery process including DevOps as a key enabler, as well as experience of DataOps.
You will have demonstrable understanding of how quality data and information can be used to make day to day business decisions. In addition, you will have:
- Solid and demonstrable experience in most of: data, BI, .NET, digital platforms (CMS, AEM, CEM, email campaign, personalization)
- Experience of data virtualisation platforms e.g. Tibco, Denodo etc.
- Experience of automation and/or CI/CD
- Experience of data mining, machine learning, visualisation
- Enterprise architecture experience
- Preferably a degree in a related discipline e.g. Computer Science, Engineering.