Morgan Law are proud to be working with Christian Aid to recruit their new Head of Applications & Development.
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Humanitarian and Sustainable Development, Democracy and Good Governance and Health and Human Development.
In this role you will manage the development, implementation and ongoing support and maintenance of Christian Aid’s line of business systems. To provide technical leadership for the development of enterprise applications and web-based systems. To provide strategic advice to key business systems owners on application selection and utilisation.
As a member of the ICT Senior Management Team, you will be responsible for the management of the application portfolio, including development and maintenance. The team comprises software
developers, web developers and database administrators, and the post holder must work closely with the Connectivity & Infrastructure team to ensure continued application availability and well-planned migrations, updates and new system implementations.
- Professional qualification in software development or systems integration technology (e.g. MCSD).
- Relevant degree or equivalent essential.
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL (language and server), IIS, .NET (particularly C# and ASP. NET)
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems and CRM
- Understanding of reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience in capturing requirements and translating them into functional specifications
- Experience of project management, and various development methodologies (including Agile).
- Experience working in a variety of environments, including Not-For-Profit.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.