Our Not for Profit client are looking for a Head of Data Science, you will lead a multidisciplinary team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts to support their Digital Transformation strategy to develop and deliver core capabilities and achieve strong horizontal alignment across the organisation.
You will use your experience in data strategy leadership and delivery of digital skills to break large, complex problems into modules, overseeing the development of solutions to each component, whilst ensuring tight feedback loops and integrating the solutions into a coherent whole. You will be accountable for successful outcomes, working in close collaboration with end users and stakeholders to ensure that functional priorities are fully aligned with the strategy and priorities.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm for working collaboratively and the following expertise:
- Demonstrable experience in data strategy leadership and delivery of digital skills, working in a complex business environment.
Knowledge of statistics.
- Expertise in Datamodelling techniques and content management systems.
- Experience of different software development methodologies including Agile techniques and continuous delivery.
- Well-organised, self-motivated team player; aptitude for project management.
- Supervisory experience, able to demonstrate ability to motivate a team.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience and the ability to negotiate with stakeholders to quickly resolve customer issues.
- Experience in Cheminformatics.
- Natural language processing and text mining highly desirable.
- Use of R language.
- Graduate calibre or degree in relevant specialist discipline.