We are working with a not-for-profit organisation analytics space, who are now looking for a Head of Data & Data Systems to lead on and manage all aspects of their data strategy and the development and use of data systems to support that strategy.
In this role you will be the senior manager responsible for the governance, security and use of data, providing expert advice to the SMT and Board of Management (Trustees), where necessary, on issues relating to data and data systems whilst managing a small team of Developers.
You will be responsible for owning data and data systems and how they are incorporated into their business strategy, working with all teams, across the organisation, to embed appropriate approaches to data management within their work and ensure system and knowledge management and driving enterprise into transformation of data and data systems, while considering costs and revenue protection
Duties will include
- Overseeing a team of developers responsible for implementing and maintaining effective data systems.
- Supporting the DevOps culture ways of working, ensuring teams have the necessary skills and capabilities to build, release and support all aspects of the application and associated data and information systems
- Overseeing design of applications, data structures and security of these systems (encryption standards) and ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Working closely with other support and technology functions to ensure we have an effective end to end system availability and resolving potential issues before they become issues
- Ensuring an effective Master Data Management strategy and framework that can be implemented through effective development and implementation of systems and processes
Experience and Skills require
- Leading teams in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining proper database architecture
- Database administration and documentation, including SQL tuning, and advising on improvements to database structure and maintenance
- Running database systems in private cloud environments using virtual environments
- Implementing a master data management framework and strategy
- Managing Dev Ops (Atlassian preferred), Continuous integration, Continuous delivery and Continuous release
- Providing business intelligence, reporting and tooling
- Writing functional specifications and other technical documentation
- Advanced understanding of data science and data management principles
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Master Data Management
- Data Governance