My charity client, based in Surrey is in the middle of a major change project to transform IT moving to a cloud solution based on Microsoft 365 and decommissioning the current on premise systems and data centre. This project has been supported by a newly selected MSP who is also providing ongoing day-to-day support for their users.
As such they are recruiting for an IT Officer to work closely with the Head of IT in supporting the IT infrastructure and delivering projects to improve the provision of IT and knowledge/digital capabilities within Cranston.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing customer focussed support and advice for IT users
- Maintaining and controlling the provision of mobile phones throughout the organisation and the associated contract for mobile services
- Maintain and manage users on the secure email system.
- Maintain and manage Microsoft and other software licenses including Microsoft 365 licensing
- Liaise with their MSP as necessary
- Maintain and set up hardware and laptops
- Visit Cranston sites to set up or maintain hardware or address any issues that cannot be solved remotely
- Maintain and develop knowledge in the fast-moving IT industry
- Experience of successfully operating in a customer focussed IT support role.
- Experience of successfully administering IT services: including end user computing, networks and telecommunications.
- Familiarity with both on premise and especially, cloud-based IT services,
- IT Service Management experience, including ITIL or similar recognised methodology (desirable).
- 2+ years working in a support desk environment
- 1+ years field support or equivalent
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Windows operating systems inc Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012-2019
- 1+ years working with Office 365
- Microsoft Operating systems and Office productions
- Basic network topography understanding and troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of PC hardware setup and configuration.
- User and Computer administration using Active Directory, Azure AD & Microsoft 365 administration