Morgan Law are proud to be working with Richmond and Hillcroft Adult and Community College (RHACC ), who work to empower adults and communities through education, skills and enterprise through education.
IT Services manages all technology for RHACC, based on Microsoft 365 including staff laptops, classroom equipment, a small VMWare-based data centre at each of our sites and outsourced and cloud based service providers and support a number of education specific and general administration applications which are hosted internally, as well as others which are outsourced.
This is a hands on technology management role. Its purpose is to ensure that technology services provided to learners and staff of RHACC are reliable, perform well and are used to their fullest. The role is responsible for a service desk and the management of college server and network infrastructure.
- Build the existing help desk into an IT service desk which provides an effective, efficient and friendly service to our 8000 learners and 400 staff
- Establish service levels and key performance metric
- Implement a new service desk management system to handle incidents, problems, requests and changes.
- Setup and manage operational processes
- Plan activities needed to ensure smooth operation of our infrastructure and applications
- Supplier and contract management and IT procurement
- Manage a team of 4 FTE service desk staff and one Senior Infrastructure Analyst
- Build the skills and capabilities of the team through encouraging CPD, mentoring and coaching team members
- Advise the Head of IT and Digital Transformation on appropriate upgrades and changes to existing technologies
- Manage infrastructure and other improvement projects
- Lead the resolution of complex problems
- Where necessary, resolve problems and incidents, and provide support to learners and staff.
- Experience of managing IT operations for a similar organisation, preferably in the education sector
- Experience of administering Microsoft 365, including Teams and Intune.
- Experience of directly managing a customer-focused service desk
- Experience of implementing IT operations and service desk procedures based on ITIL and standard industry practices
- Experience of managing and using IT service management software such as Jira, Zendesk or similar.
- Experience of implementing IT service management software
- Good general knowledge of desktop hardware, audio-visual equipment and telephony