As the security analyst, you will protect the IT systems (including networks, hardware, software, IDs & data) from a range of criminal activity. You will monitor networks and systems, detect security threats, analyse and assess alarms, and report on intrusion threats, attempts and false flags, there after either resolving them or escalating them to the Infrastructure manager, depending on the severity.
The IT Security Analyst will own and update various IT security Policy and procedures, while also providing guidance to the organisation for a broad range of Cyber Security Technologies (end user devices and applications (both cloud and on premises solutions). The IT Security Analyst will also be responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance standards for all IT components.
Working with the wider IT team, The IT Security Analyst is expected to research, diagnose and resolve IT security incidents and aid problem resolution within the agreed SLA's for both International Headquarters as well as the supported territories.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the role are;
Security & Compliance
- Perform routine risk analysis on the IT systems, including networks, IT Components, Identities, web sites and data.
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments & Threats.
- Investigate IT security alerts and provide incident update and responses in line with the SLA.
- Research & evaluate emerging cyber security threats and the preferred ways to mitigate.
- Use up-to-date knowledge of security vulnerabilities to identify opportunities to use emerging technology to increase our overall security maturity.
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches.
- Monitor for attacks, including intrusions, uncharacteristic activity, unauthorised or illegal activity.
- Contribute to & aid the continuous service improvement plans of the Infrastructure and Connectivity Team.
- Ensure all security Policies, process and procedures are updated.
- Take owner ship of the yearly penetration tests and aid the mitigation of risk found.
- Daily & weekly monitoring and reporting of security components,
- Work with other sections of the IT team to determine appropriate cyber security solutions which may have an underlying impact of IT service being received.
- Report on any breaches, trends or anonymous behaviour and pattern
- +2 years hands on experience in an IT security related role.
- Hands on experience with cloud-based security systems (Office 365, AWS, Azure)
- Good Knowledge and understanding Cyber security threats and attacks (man in the middle, phishing, ransomware).
- Experience of Cisco products including Meraki, Umbrella.
- Good Knowledge and understanding WAN edge security protocols.
- Good exposure to more than one Firewall manufacturer
- Good exposure to recovery options for business continuity purposes.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure with Microsoft security and compliance
- Exposer to security appliances such as Darktrace.