Our University client are looking for an experienced SAP Technical Analyst to join their team that support their professional services including SAP, management information, identity management and integration tools. You will be joining the university at an exciting time of change and will work as part of a great team. This is an opportunity to make a positive contribution to the university; whilst gaining valuable experience of this rewarding sector.
- Play a major role in the resolution of production incidents and problems by providing 2nd and 3rd Line support to users. Provide expertise, guidance and support to other staff in their work to diagnose and resolve incidents and problems. Undertake data and data quality analysis in order to identify causes of problems and define solutions.
- Support the necessary regular maintenance of the business systems including Upgrades, HMRC patching and Software Updates.
- Play a major role in the analysis, specification and design of and enhancements to existing applications and new applications where appropriate. Proactively capture and manage changes to requirements throughout the development life cycle and provide a fast, dynamic feedback loop for queries and changes.
- Perform system analysis, development (including programming) and configuration. Contribute to the definition of the business system architecture and design. Apply technical expertise and knowledge when assisting with unit and integration testing, and support acceptance testing. Ensure that the IT component is delivered to agreed service levels and is handed over to production.
- Work with third party suppliers to scope third-party solutions and tasks where applicable. Write specifications for third parties and internal staff. Work with third parties to ensure that requirements are understood and provide a fast, dynamic feedback loop for queries and changes.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience as an SAP Technical Analyst
- Experience providing second and third line support for SAP Finance
- Experience developing systems enhancements to SAP Finance
- Experience providing second and third line support for Sales and Purchasing
- Experience supporting and developing SAP HR and Payroll
- Alongside the technical experience, strong analytical skills including the ability to assess problems and identify solutions are required.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience in communicating with customers alongside a strong commitment to customer service are also essential requirements.
- ABAP programming and workflow knowledge is desirable.