Salary: up to £45,000 pa
Location: Millbank, London
Reporting to: Head of Business Solutions
Hours: 36 hours per week
Post: Technical Project Manager
Morgan Law are proud to be partnering with Tate to recruit this key role for their new Business Solutions Team. Tate’s Technology Department deliver operational, systems development and information management services to over 1,200 users internally across five sites, as well as supporting their website and platforms which are viewed and accessed across the world. They are looking for a Project Manager to deliver a varied number of projects including enhancements to current systems and replacing old ones. With the ability to influence and persuade; you will display technical knowledge by cutting through complexity to translate and apply this to solutions that support business change.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Manage projects across a multi-disciplinary team, helping to build a ‘delivery with high quality’ culture to analyse, design, and deliver project solutions and outcomes to meet the requirements of the project sponsor.
- Work with the Business Solutions Manager and the Senior Technical Project Manager to prioritise, resource and schedule projects effectively to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Communicate project progress on budget, time and resource using standard reports through governance groups, boards, and project teams.
- Communicate with other managers, developers, product managers, and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Establish good working relationships with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure the business requirements of your projects are met.
- Manage the project budget, the issues, risks, project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Utilise project delivery methodologies to organise and facilitate development such as sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, and retrospectives, tracking and communicating team progress and maintaining rolling release plans.
- Contract managing third party engagements and monitor service level agreements.
- Manage the transition of service to business as usual, including process documentation.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in project management and delivery using both agile and waterfall methodologies in an Information Systems environment; an agile or PRINCE2 project management certification is an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of change management, process change, service transition and embedding benefits.
- Proven ability to build and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels of the organisation and within the technology-rich delivery functions.
- Ability to influence and persuade; being able to demonstrate technical knowledge whilst cutting through complexity to translate and apply this to solutions which are crucial to deliver business change.
- Experience in digital technology, such as example Enterprise and Desktop Applications, with a working knowledge of hosting platforms including cloud etc.
- All round general knowledge covering an IT department spectrum.
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all